About us.

Monday 15 November 2010

Dave has become an agility dog!!

Well the day arrived, Dartmoor show and Ferns first attempt at running Dave.  She couldn't sleep the night before, and I must admit I was nervous for her. I gathered all my friends to stand along the orange net fence, ready to catch him if he ran out the ring, and Fern went to the start line. First obstacle was a tyre, and we suddenly realised Dave has never done a tyre!!! Having never been in a training class, he has only trained at home and we don't have a tyre. I think the fact that it was at the beginning of the course helped, and off he went. Through the tyre, under the next jump, then jumped the 3rd, over the A frame, tunnel, next jump, seesaw..........I was holding my breath. Around 1 jump then jumped a few more over the dog walk and over the finish!!! Not once did he even falter from the task. He stayed focused, happy and I could not believe it. 2 years of hard work and dedication from Fern, and the almost deemed un trainable, unsociable terrierist completed his first course. Strangely, Dave strutted very proudly back to the van, blanking other dogs he passed. He was a big boy now, and has far more important things to think about other than chasing other dogs. Still a long way to go, but he has proved us all wrong and I couldn't be happier.
Now just to practice those tyres!!

No comments: