About us.

Monday 5 April 2010

Grade 5 dog in 1 show!! and my special Spaniel!


Wow!! What a weekend at our first KC show of the year Kernow K9.

It was bleak and very damp as we drove down Friday evening, and rained on and off all through the night. We awoke to a very soggy garden and mud everywhere but the show went on regardless. Olli had 2 runs first and went clear in both!! Great start to the weekend. Then Lily did her 2 runs and not only went clear in both but ended up 2nd in both. 2 trophies on our first day for Lily in grade 4 and much to my amazement a 3rd place trophy for Olli in G3 jumping!! His first ever KC trophy, and highest place and we were thrilled.

Saturday it rained all day and the rings became swamps. No excuses being made but neither dog managed a clear round Saturday. Lily slipped and took a pole in the jumping, and after managing 2 blinding contacts on seesaw and dogwalk, she slid and missed her A frame, so with mud up to our armpits we ate curry, drank a few beers and listened to the wind & rain batter the caravan all evening. The awning became so swamped we decided the dogs would be better off in the van sleeping in dry comfort for that night too. Such a godsend having Rex now. Would never have managed before.

Sunday we awoke to sunshine! Some rings had to be moved, and mud was still a problem but no more rain made the day a lot more bearable. I messed up by not trusting Lily in the agility and we had 5 faults, much to my annoyance at myself. I bucked up and we ran 2 jumping courses. I then ran Olli in jumping & agility and unbelievably both dogs had clears so I forgot my bad first run of the day with Lily. Even better, Olli was 4th in Agility and 8th in jumping, and Lily won both jumping classes!!!! I was gobsmacked! Rog & Fern were also and we drove home after an eventful Glastonbury like weekend with huge smiles on our faces.

Oh, and being the blonde I am, didn't realise until this morning that Lily has won into Grade 5 as she had her first G4 show at the end of last yr and won the jumping there, which I had completely forgotten, so 3 wins in 2 shows and she is a grade 5 dog! What a start we have had to our year. Champ in her first UKA show and now Grade 5 at her first KC. I am privileged to own 2 such amazing, wonderful dogs, and have such support from my family too. So as they say ......... BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Sooooooper well done Dani and gang, what a weekend!!!!!! There really is no stopping you! x