About us.

Sunday 28 February 2010

The past will always haunt you.


Its been an eventful week. Monday I was flicking through the AgilityNet site and found the perfect van, already kitted out with 6 cages which we want, and a good price. We hadn't really started looking seriously but had decided with Cove getting so big now, that it was going to be a struggle to travel our dogs to shows safely in my truck. Everything looked hopeful, the people who are selling it are well know for their cages and vehicles, and were very helpful on the phone, agreeing to a few additions we would like and then I discover they don't do finance. Although we can buy it through the business as another company van, we unfortunately are black listed as individuals, which means that as Rog is a director he will be checked, and although the company is successful, debt free and profitable it doesn't count. Our mistakes years ago are still haunting us and its made me very down this week. We were stupid back then and we are paying the price now. Nobody else to blame but it doesn't help my dogs and my current situation so we have hit a brick wall. In a months time we have some money coming to us and could easily buy the van but I doubt they will want to wait, and who can blame them.

On a slightly brighter note, Fern finally became an official apprentice trainee for Devon Dogs and is now working full time and doing her NVQ. She is a natural with dogs and learning all the time and I have no doubt she will make a good trainer, so the best of luck to her for the next year.

My gorgeous hubby has finished my A frame & Dog Walk too this week, and to cheer myself up I have just built 2 more jumps for myself so as soon as the wind and rain settles down this week we will finally have a full set of equipment and training can really begin. We have entered so many exciting shows this season, with lots of qualifiers so Lily & Olli will have a lot to do and need as much practice as possible. That is of course, if we can get to the shows!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-( really hope you get your van. And well done Fern!!!!!!