About us.

Monday 27 April 2009

Ups & Downs

Its been a busy and eventful couple of weeks. After the thrills of Kernow show we had a weekend off last week and managed to get a lot of work done and delivered our 1st order for a set of jumps. We were really pleased with them, and so was the customer! Hopefully there will be more on the way soon.
Friday last I was apprehensive as I got up. I was going to be hitching up the caravan by myself and having to remember everything to take, as Roger was unfortunately working and Fern was at college. I had to drive through Exeter to pick Fern up on the way, but it was fine and I needn't have worried at all. We soon arrived at Wadebridge for another weekend of fun and rosettes we hoped, managed to erect the awning perfectly and Jo arrived to make our little team complete.

I hadn't realised how my recent successes had affected some people, but I soon found out and it was sad to discover that people are not what they seem. There is always jealousy though I guess, and I am just going to have to ignore it. I know who my real friends are and I love them to bits.

3am the next morning we were rudely awoken by the storm, and the 3 of us had to rush out to save the awning which was flapping dangerously, poles flailing in torrential rain, and us in our pyjamas!! We finally managed to get it down and into the back of my car before huddling back in the caravan to warm up. The dogs were ok, we were ok but by dawn you could really see the extent of the damage caused, and both shows were cancelled. Very sad & pretty scary.

We drove home Saturday lunchtime, through some awful weather and were home safe & sound by 1pm. Very tired and disappointed, but safe and unhurt, unlike some poor souls who lost their lives that night further down the coast.

Oh well, off to Newbury this Friday and hopefully the weather will be kinder! I will be camping somewhere secluded and just get on with the joys of running Lily & Olli, and cheering on Jo with Jess & Jed, and let the saddos do what they like. My life is too fulfilled to worry about other peoples.

Our camp looked pretty good before the storm!!

No comments: